After two and a half years of development, the release of the Bochs 2.6.10 emulator is presented. Bochs supports emulation of CPUs based on x86 architecture, from i386 to the current x86-64 models of Intel and AMD processors, including emulation of various processor extensions (VMX, SSE, AES, AVX, SMP, etc.), typical input / output devices and peripheral devices (emulation of a video card, sound card, Ethernet, USB, etc.). Under the control of the emulator, OSs such as Linux, macOS, Android, and Windows can be launched. The emulator is written in C ++ and distributed under the LGPLv2 license.
- CPU: Bugfixes for CPU emulation correctness (critical bugfixes for PCID, ADCX/ADOX, MOVBE, AVX/AVX-512 and VMX emulation)
- CPU: implemented AVX-512 VBMI2/VNNI/BITALG, VAES, VPCLMULQDQ / GFNI instructions emulation
- VMX: Implement EPT-Based Sub-Page Protection – CPUID: Added new CPU models Skylake-X, Cannonlake and Icelake-U
- CPUID: Implemented side-channel attack prevention reporting and corresponding MSR registers, enabled for Icelake-U
- Added basic support for the i440BX PCI/AGP chipset.
- Added basic Voodoo Banshee / Voodoo3 emulation support.
- Added basic DDC support for the VGA-compatible adapters.
- Implemented HPET emulation (ported from Qemu).
Get more info at the mailing.