Greetings! I hope your week went great! Here’s new Frontend news digest.
In this digest you will learn the 10 lessons from the Ruby Refractoring Kata, get familiar with new database related stuff in Rails 6 and many other things. You will also be able to go deep to the DHH written gem and check the Puma new version’s source code.
- Ruby Templating: Baking an Interpreter
Final part of a tutorial that talks about Visitor Pattern using for rendering the templates.
- For organizing Rails projects, domain objects are good and service objects are bad
Author doesn’t believe that service projects are good for organizating Rails projects, and explains his opinion
- Ruby 2.7 Adds Integer# to Support Range Values
Some explanations about updates of the abovementioned class in Ruby 2.7
- Behind-the-Scenes of ‘Geared Pagination’ in Rails
A look inside DHH written geared_pagination gem
- 10 lessons learnt from the Ruby Refactoring Kata – Tennis Game
Big article with advices and code examples about Ruby Refactoring
- Rails 6 adds add_foreign_key and remove_foreign_key for SQLite3
Now you can create and remove foreign key constraints
using add_foreign_key and
remove_foreign_key in SQLite3 with new version of Rails; learn more in the post
Gives you an ability to manage slug history and versioning, i18n, scoped slugs, and more
New version (4.2) of Rack/Ruby webserver
A tiny, alternative ERB implementation; a simplified fork of Erubis with a number of differencies
- How to use Devise Test Helpers in Rails