Greetings! I hope your week went great! Here’s new Ruby news digest.
Learn how to perform concurrent HTTP requests in Ruby and Rails, check a guide to NPM version constraints for Rubyists, see the video how to use Uppy with ActiveStorage and check other interesting materials
- Optimization Techniques by Benchmark Winners
Tutorial, based on the Sequel and Roda gems extracted from Jeremy Evans’ Ruby Kaigi talk, which will teach you some optimization tips and hints
- How to Perform Concurrent HTTP Requests in Ruby and Rails
Another concurrency related guide, that will show you have make it safer in an easy way
- A Rubyist’s Introduction to Character Encoding, Unicode and UTF-8
A big and solid guide on encodings, which starts with the history of encoding, how it works and show you have it can be used with Ruby
- A guide to NPM version constraints for Rubyists
A tutorial to NPM version constraints for dependencies declared in the package.json file of any Rails project
- Working with tempfiles
Learn when and how you can use this Ruby’s standard library
- Wrangling slow reports, large file exports, and long-running tasks in Rails with ActiveJob
Sometimes if you need to generate large file exports or run reports that are just slow to build, pushing them to a background job makes sense.
This blog is called Boring Rails, so, maybe it’s worth checking whether it’s really so?
- How to use Uppy with ActiveStorage
Popular code coverage analysis tool for Ruby
A Ruby wrapper to Amazon Product Advertising API 5.0
This is an implementation of the command pattern for Ruby with ActiveModel::Validations inspired by the interactor gem